Top Proven Benefits of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha Benefits: Ashwagandha is known as ‘Indian ginseng’ is one of the most popular Ayurvedic herbs. Ashwagandha is well-known for its multiple health benefits. It regulates the immune system of the body by increasing the supply of antioxidants.
Ashwagandha capsules, powder, root and tea all proven adaptogenic, as it helps in reducing the physiological and psychological stress by adapting to the needs of the body. It is very helpful for people who get tired so easily. Like this, there are many benefits of ashwagandha.
In Ayurveda, it is utilized as a Rasayana or rejuvenator. Rasayana is described as a herbal or metallic preparation that promotes a youthful state of physical and mental health and hence expands happiness. Most of the Rasayana herbs are adaptogen / anti-stress agents. It is a “Sattvic Kapha Rasayana”
How To Use Ashwagandha Capsule, Powder or Tea
- Ashwagandha powder can be mixed with water or milk and can be taken before bed. It calms the vata and improves the sleep pattern and increases strength.
- It can also be taken along with ghee and honey for overall nourishment and rejuvenation.
- With sugar, ashwagandha gives a cooling effect to the body. You can make ashwagandha tea to mix sugar according to taste.
- With ghee, ashwagandha acts as a supplement to support the female reproductive system and joints.
Health Benefits Of Ashwagandha
- Maintains Cholesterol Level: Well-known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, it is highly beneficial for cardiovascular problems. It strengthens the heart muscle and keeps a check on the bad cholesterol.
- Free Radical Scavenger: Since it is adaptogen/ antioxidant so it reduces oxidative stress by scavenging free radicals hence helps to reduce the incidences of
major ailments e.g. cancer, autoimmune disorders, degenerative changes
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety: With the modern lifestyle stress has become a common problem across the globe and ashwagandha is well-known for its stress-reducing properties. The stress hormone or cortisol, if high leads to increase in blood sugar level and increased fat storage in the abdomen. Ashwagandha controls the cortisol levels and reduces stress and prevents anxiety disorders and insomnia.
- Diabetes Treatment: Several studies have been conducted to look for the role of ashwagandha in blood sugar levels. It has been observed to be helpful in reducing sugar levels.
- Boosts Testosterone: Ashwagandha plays a good role in improving the male hormone production thus improving the reproductive health. It also helps in increasing the sperm count and motility thus increasing fertility in men.
- Reduces Inflammation: Because of its antioxidant property, its easily scavenges the free radicals from the body hence leading to reduced cellular damage, therefore, reduces the inflammations.
- Improves Memory: Ashwagandha helps in improving brain function, memory and ability to perform tasks. Daily consumption helps in improving the reaction time and performance of daily activities.
- Stimulates the Thyroid Gland: Root extract of ashwagandha is proved to be effective if given daily to the people suffering from hypothyroidism.
- Increases Muscle Mass and Strength: It is Mother Nature precious gift for fitness-oriented and Yogaholic persons. It is a natural health supplement which on regular usage increase muscles girth & muscle mass and therefore muscular strength and body weight. Regular usage increase stamina and of course un addictive & safe.
Ashwagandha is known to be the safest supplement for both male and female. It’s a traditional medicine with multiple health benefits. It helps in improving the health and quality of life.
Best results have shown if taken under the observation of the authorized doctor.